NITRO ICE CREAM
& TASTY GRUB
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
1. What IS Liquid Nitrogen Ice Cream?
2. What makes YoHoHo! the PUREST ice cream in Lake County?
3. How do we make over 50 different flavors?
4. Can you get more seating?
5. Why don't you serve 'Dragon's Breath'?
1. The secret to our creamy ice cream is all in the rapid freezing of the mixture -321 degrees F. The liquid nitrogen causes the fat and the water particles to stay very small (science people!), giving the ice cream its creamy consistency. The goal is to avoid ice crystals – similar to what you get in cheap ice cream and when you make ice milk.
2. Our base is sourced locally, contains 16% butter cream (higher than Haggan-Dazs). It contains only 7 ingredients. ZERO high fructose corn syrup, no preservatives, only stabilizers needed to keep the mixture mixed.
3. We use over 50 Gourmet Monin Pure Cane Sugar Syrups. NO high fructose corn syrup, NON-GMO, Vegan all natural. Also offer ZERO calorie Monin selection as well.
4. We are only 600 square feet, zoned primary for take-away. If we add more seating, our physically impaired patrons would not be able to navigate or enjoy the shop or access the restrooms. We have outdoor seating and encourage visiting the local shops or a walk to the Lake. Trust us, your ice cream won't melt away on your walk. -321F remember?
5. Dragon's Breath is DANGEROUS. Liquid nitrogen must be fully evaporated from the meal or drink before serving, said Peter Barham of the University of Bristol's School of Physics. It can safely be used in food or drink preparation, but it should NEVER be ingested.
Fer th' wee Scalawags!
Visit th' Powder Monkey Kid's Club
Treasure Chest fer FREE Pirate loot.